IT infrastructure and application development have both become more convenient and agile over the last decade with the evolution of cloud computing solutions. In today’s business world, this technology has become a major way to sustain waves of uncertainty and unforeseen disruptions.
Whether it’s a business-to-business (B2B) or business-to-consumer (B2C) interaction, there is always a rat race when it comes to dealing with your competitors firmly and strategically. On the other hand, failing to adopt modern business strategies will quicken your exit from the marketplace.
In one of our recent conversations with small business owners, we identified technical debt as one of their biggest challenges. Amid fierce competition, small businesses are struggling to aggressively establish their businesses like giant companies..
Here are some factors affecting business growth:
- Technology debt.
- Lack of skilled resources.
- Lack of custom migration strategies.
- Insufficient budgets.
- Failing to forecast future demands.
- Privacy and security threats.
1. Are you a small business owner looking to transform your business to the cloud in 2022?
2. Did you complete your market research on the best cloud computing platforms for your business needs? Or are you in the middle of your research?
If yes, this blog has the answers you are probably seeking.
Since there are many cloud players in the market, it can be challenging to pick the best one. However, as a leading cloud solutions provider in the USA for the past 15+ years, Amzur Technologies is here to help you with the best cloud options.
Before getting into the details of various cloud platforms and their features in this article, let’s first look at factors to consider when evaluating cloud computing platforms.
How to evaluate a cloud computing platform?
- Not all pricing models are the same for cloud services. Some cloud service providers charge per GB or TB, while others charge per month or hour. So, before choosing a cloud computing platform, evaluate your storage and tools requirements and pick the pricing model.
- Security and disaster recovery are other features to check while evaluating a cloud computing platform. Make sure your cloud services provider has a stringent nondisclosure policy for business-sensitive information.
- Automate syncing, and related features should also be considered while evaluating cloud computing platforms. Make sure all data and files will be synced to the cloud whenever you create something on your computer.
5 Best Cloud Computing Platforms in 2022:
Choosing the right cloud computing platform is the first step toward your business growth and success. Choosing a cloud service is not just about the low cost or the best discount offer.
Cloud solutions must also support all modern technologies, including Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and analytics, and must be scalable and secure.
Cloud computing solutions provide enterprises with an alternative to establish their infrastructure and develop applications with high-computing power on the cloud instead of time-consuming traditional business models.
1. Amazon Web Services (AWS)
AWS cloud and its features are a must-check when considering cloud computing solutions. And the reason AWS sits on top of many business and technology leaders’ minds is because of its futuristic solutions and exceptional customer service.
AWS is the leading and the most chosen cloud computing platform across industries for all businesses worldwide. According to a Gartner report, AWS is a leader in the cloud market because of its unmatchable features and cost-effectiveness, and AWS cloud computing solutions captured more than 32% of the global cloud market share in 2021.
With the largest community of customers and partners across the globe, AWS cloud experts help their partners network by providing customer experience and support.
IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
Key features of AWS cloud solutions:
- EC2 virtual cloud servers.
- Simple Storage Service (S3) for scalable cloud storage.
- RDS, Aurora, and DynamoDB for managed (relational) databases.
- SageMaker for building and deploying ML models.
- Outposts for running AWS infrastructure on-premises.
- Centralized management and billing.
- Easy and fast sign-up.
- Virtual private cloud.
- Available in free and freemium models.
Explore our recent blog on the top features of AWS cloud computing solutions.
2. Microsoft Azure
By the numbers, Microsoft Azure is the second-largest cloud services provider. Microsoft Azure has around a 20% global cloud market share across all industries. Even though it was only introduced in 2010, Microsoft’s deep industry-wide experience, knowledge of traditional business tools, and cloud migration support have made Azure one of the very top computing solutions providers.
With Azure, you can seamlessly migrate from on-premises to either public or private clouds to ensure better availability and scalability. With Hybrid cloud solutions such as Azure Arc, Azure Stack, and Azure Active Directory, enterprises can move their on-premises applications to the cloud.
SaaS, IaaS, PaaS
Key features of Microsoft Azure cloud:
- Azure SQL and Azure Cosmos DB for database management.
- Virtual machines.
- Virtual desktop.
- Azure Cognitive Services.
- Azure Arc.
- Serverless computing.
- Single sign-on (SSO) and multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- DDoS protection.
- Regular platform updates and guaranteed 99.5% uptime.
3. Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Google is another tech giant with an AI and ML-powered cloud platform: Google Cloud Platform (GCP). The third-largest cloud computing services provider in the cloud segment, GCP offers a wide range of services including IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS for all business verticals with high computational speed. Software developers, IT professionals, and cloud administrators can access GCP services over a network connection or public internet.
In terms of market share, GCP is far behind AWS and Microsoft Azure, yet trying to catch up with flexible payment methods and an increasing number of data centers. GCP also offers some free credits to get new customers and allow them to explore the platform.
Top features of GCP cloud computing platform:
- Compute engine virtual machines.
- Cloud storage for secure, stable object storage.
- Cloud SDK command-line tools and libraries.
- BigQuery data warehouse.
- Anthos control plane for application management.
- Serverless computing.
- Google Kubernetes engine.
- API management.
- Deep knowledge of networking and search data to enable robust analytics.
4. Oracle cloud
Oracle is one of the best-known database services providers for enterprises across the globe. Oracle cloud platform works well for enterprises that already use Oracle products or don’t have a high level of coding knowledge. Because of its data management background, Oracle cloud excels in organizing and managing enterprise data.
Top features of Oracle cloud platform:
- Embedded Oracle Autonomous Database solution.
- Delivery of bare-metal compute services and network traffic isolation.
- Public cloud and edge deployments are available.
- AI/ML-powered analytics.
- Security, identity and access management (IAM), and other compliance-based tools.
- Has good security against sophisticated cyber attacks and sanctioned apps.
- Includes chatbots, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and many other modern technologies.
5. IBM Cloud
Though it doesn’t have a significant cloud market share, IBM cloud has a decent portfolio of customers worldwide. The IBM cloud computing platform combines IaaS and PaaS to offer an integrated experience.
The platform supports small and large enterprise businesses through its globally deployed data centers. The solution you build on the IBM cloud can spin up fast and performs effectively in a tested and secured environment that you can trust.
IBM Cloud provides solutions that enable a higher level of compliance, security, and management with proven architecture patterns and methods for rapid delivery of running mission-critical workloads.
Features of IBM cloud platform:
- Cloud satellite for multi-cloud development.
- Cloud block storage.
- Watson AI tools.
- Cloud Pak for automation.
- Cloud monitoring for network security.
Wrapping it up:
Don’t rush to choose a cloud computing platform just because it’s the one your competitor is using. Have a clear understanding of the cloud service provider, storage, and tools you need to make your business agile and scalable while also securing your business-critical data.
If you are still unclear about choosing a cloud computing solutions provider, get in touch with our cloud expert team. We help you choose the best and most cost-effective cloud platform.