Running business applications on the Cloud eliminates maintenance cost and saves time
Yes or no? What do you think? On one hand, AI and analytics features help C-level executives in charting business growth. On the other, the Cloud creates an additional workload to dive into.
Microsoft and Oracle announced a collaboration between Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud for a seamless customer experience. By enabling customers to run one part of a workload within Azure and another part of the same workload within the Oracle Cloud, the partnership is supposed to deliver an optimized experience.
Potential Benefits of Microsoft Oracle Integration
- Users can deploy fully-supported and cross-cloud solutions across Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud quickly and easily.
- Microsoft Oracle integration reduces the upfront investments involved in the migration process.
- It allows customers to extend their on-premises data centers to both clouds.
- Single sign-on automated user provisioning to manage resources across Azure and Oracle Cloud.
- Supported deployment of custom applications and packaged Oracle applications (JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, Oracle Retail, Hyperion) on Azure with Oracle databases (RAC, Exadata, Autonomous Database) deployed in Oracle Cloud. The same Oracle applications will also be certified to run on Azure with Oracle databases in Oracle Cloud.
Just like you, many experts had something to say about this Microsoft Oracle Integration
- “As the cloud of choice for the enterprise, with over 95% of the Fortune 500 using Azure, we have always been first and foremost focused on helping our customers thrive on their digital transformation journeys,” said Scott Guthrie, executive vice president of Microsoft’s Cloud and AI division. “With Oracle’s enterprise expertise, this alliance is a natural choice for us as we help our joint customers accelerate the migration of enterprise applications and databases to the public cloud.”
- “With this partnership, our joint customers can migrate their entire set of existing applications to the cloud without having to re-architect anything, preserving the large investments they have already made” — said Don Johnson, executive vice president, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI).
- “This will allow us to create cross-cloud solutions that optimize many of our current investments while maximizing the agility, scalability, digital transformation and efficiency of the public cloud” — said Anuj Dhanda, executive vice president, and chief information officer at Albertsons Companies.
- “The interoperability between Azure and Oracle Cloud allows us to deploy Oracle or custom-built applications on Azure and Oracle databases on Oracle Cloud to bring our omnichannel experience” — said Sally Gilligan, chief information officer at Gap
- “This alliance gives us the flexibility and ongoing support to continue leveraging our standard architectures while allowing us to focus on generating business outcomes that maximize returns for our shareholders” — said Ken Braud, senior vice president, and CIO at Halliburton.
- “Learn More about Microsoft and Oracle to interconnect Microsoft azure and Oracle cloud.
Non-Microsoft and Oracle Users View on Partnership
- The Microsoft-Oracle agreement may help Oracle, in particular, to improve its standing against Amazon, according to Piper Jaffray’s Zukin. Zukin said Oracle, which has had a smaller stake in the cloud market and has historically been resistant to partnerships, may have realized the necessity of an ally in the fight against bigger players in the industry. “This is another great channel to sell Azure Premium Services to the Oracle customer base,” — said Zukin Managing director and senior research analyst at Piper Jaffray
- Ed Anderson, an analyst with research firm Gartner, said the move was a clear “jab” at AWS, especially for Oracle. “It’s no secret that Oracle views AWS as a major competitor in the database market,” he said.
Amzur helps many clients in developing integrated NetSuite ERP solutions that automate operations right from sales orders to finance to supply chain management, human resources, and marketing with effective ROI. Our NetSuite consultants team will always enjoy assisting you in the digital transformation journey.