The Software Architect will lead the mid-size development teams for the purposes of designing and planning, implementation, integration and support of our products. This role is responsible for determining integrated software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs and is expected to research and recommend technology to meet application requirements.
In addition, the architect will also be expected to help evolve any applications they work with toward more modern technologies and/or patterns. The Software Architect will be responsible for the architecture, design, development, implementation, and integration of complex enterprise applications using Java, Open Source Technologies and .NET. The applications are delivered as SaaS and/or On-premises offerings with a number of integrations.
You will also be expected to help Bottom-line with the transformation of our practices and procedures as we become the best SaaS provider in the verticals we serve while also helping create new and exciting products and features that provide exceptional value to our customers.
- Collaborate with product management and other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications.
- Use practical skills and experience to design and architect solutions, lead the implementation teams through the full life-cycle of the application development and deployment.
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of the desired product.
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility.
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards.
- Communicate successfully all concepts and guidelines to the development team
- Oversee progress of the development team to ensure consistency with the initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Manage a mid-size team of individual contributors to define goals and conduct performance assessment periodically
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Help Bottom-line evolve and grow
- Proven 12+ years of experience collaborating to create/develop/delivering new innovative products or features.
- Proven experience as a software architect, building resilient, highly available multi-tenant web-based applications.
- Proven experience working with moving workloads to Public Cloud Providers (AWS etc).
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (Java, Open Source, .NET, etc.).
- Experience with Spring Framework, Spring Boot, ORM technologies (Hibernate), Elastic search.
- Experience with Web Services and EAI patterns.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning/AI.
- Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Knowledge of microservices architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods.
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles and exposure to Agile/Scrum driven delivery process.
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail.
- High quality organizational, people, and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities.
- BE or higher in computer science, engineering or relevant field