Relevant Exp: > 3 years
As a Dev Ops Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing best in class easy to use standardized dev ops processes and procedures
- You will apply your expertise in developing and implementation of the solution architecture.
- Build solutions to problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in our systems, services, and products at scale.
- Define and execute cloud automation strategy for enterprise applications and application components.
- Design CI/CD processes with exposure of a Jenkins, including the usage of automated build, test/QA and deployment tools.
- Design and develop re-usable components and operational strategies in the cloud to support scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup, restore, etc.
- Build automated dev-ops delivery/deployment model to enable continuous release of software into cloud environments.
- Drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and demand based auto scaling.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment (Good to have Google Cloud/Microsoft Azure experience.)
- Deep experience Linux/Unix (e.g. Centos, RHEL, Ubuntu) systems.
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud infrastructure management; OpenStack a plus.
- Experience in migrating on premise applications to Cloud
- AWS related exposure on EC2, ECS, VPC, Lamda, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, CloudFront, CloudWatch.
- Knowledge on IaaS, PaaS and SaaS APIs and general Linux infrastructure software.
- Exposure to relational databases like Oracle, MySQL and some NoSQL database like MongoDB, Couchbase.
- Bonus points for experience with Jenkins, Chef, Git, Ansible / Docker, Salt.
- Proficient in script environments like Bash/Shell/Python/Ruby.
- Knowledge on cloud native applications and supporting technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Mesosphere).
- Knowledge on cloud services elastic capacity administration and cloud deployment and administration tools a plus (Amazon EC2, OpenStack, Google Cloud Platform).
- Strong motivation to automate routine tasks, past infrastructure and system automation experience desired.